Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gretsch Guitar Hits of the 70′s


The Gretsch Guitar Blog just posted a list of Five Great Gretsch Hits of the 70′s. I’m posting the list and an excerpt below but check out the full article for more background info and audio clips.
1. Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young – Ohio
2. The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again
3. New York Dolls – Personality Crisis
4. Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Takin’ Care of Business
5. AC/DC – Highway to Hell
Pete Townshend on the 1959 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body that he played throughout the Who’s Next Album:

“Oh, I used that guitar on every track on Who’s Next, it’s the best guitar I’ve ever had. It won’t stay in tune on stage but if it did, I would use it. It’s the finest guitar I’ve ever owned, it’s the loudest guitar I’ve ever owned. It is so loud, man, it whips any pickup that I’ve ever come across. It’s maybe six or seven times louder than anything I’ve come across. If I plugged it in my amp tonight, normally I’d be

No comments:

Post a Comment