Thursday, July 26, 2012

COOL GEAR ALERT: Ibanez RG2XXV


Alright, I’m an Ibanez geek. Sure, I own and love other guitars, but Ibanii still outnumber all of them. My RG550s are great workhorses, my RG seven-strings are brilliant instruments, and my Talman TC825 is killer. So forgive me if I gaze longingly at this beauty: the new RG2XXV, part of Ibanez’s 25th Anniversary celebrations for the RG as we know and love it today (there were RG models prior to this but they looked very different: the line was redeveloped alongside the development of the Jem and announced in 1987).
The RG2XXV is less expensive than the RG1XXV announced earlier in the year. It features Ibanez INF pickups, an Edge Zero II bridge, basswood body, three-piece maple neck, rosewood fretboard with jumbo frets, coloured dot inlays, a Wizard III neck shape and DR coated strings. It’s available in Fluorescent Pink and Fluorescent yellow.
More info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment